Go. Serve. Love.
These three words describe how we seek to obey God and compassionately serve others. This is our quest. An external focus that meets the needs of others is something extremely close to God’s heart. As we go, serve, and love in our backyard and around the world we get a chance to partner with God and be part of His plan to bring hope to the world. With words of love and works of love we want to selflessly serve our neighbors, schools, and communities while helping the defenseless, marginalized, and oppressed. We do this in our own backyard and through strategic partnerships around the world. We do all of this without expecting anything in return. We do this because it’s what Jesus would do.
Go. Serve. Love. In Our Backyard.
Love Days are our church-wide initiatives where we simply serve our surrounding communities. These Love Days are exciting events where we get a chance to make a difference right where we live. Through partnering with organizations, schools, and ministries, we have the opportunity to meet practical needs while serving others without expecting anything in return.
ValleyPoint partners with ministries and organizations right here in the Delaware Valley, who are committed to making a difference. Go. Serve. Love. in our backyard gives us a chance to repair and restore while making a difference where God has placed us.
COllection LOVE DAY – SUNDAY, November 15TH!
We thank you for your generosity!
Loaves of Love (Siloam Church Food Pantry)
Project: This pantry is dedicated to serving those in the Garnet Valley community. In coordination with the schools and agencies in the area, they are able to distribute provisions to those who need them most.
Pancake Mix and syrup
Canned Fruit and Vegetables
Canned Meats: Tuna, chicken, etc.
Canned Pastas and Meals
Peanut Butter and Jelly (non-glass)
Noodles and Pasta
Pasta Sauce (non-glass)
Personal Care Items: shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, etc.
Bring items with you to any gathering on Sunday, November 15th. We will have a designated area at the front doors of the Main Building.
- Walk around your own neighborhood and pick up trash
- Share the ValleyPoint Church online gatherings on your social media platforms
- Make and send a card to someone you know may be lonely or need encouragement (this could be anyone right now)
- Order food to be sent to your local police or fire department or hospital staff (call ahead for each of these)
- Donate money to a local food pantry or church benevolence fund to equip them to help those in need
- Serve others in your own home by doing a chore you may not normally do or without being asked to do it
- Washing Dishes
- Making Beds
- Doing Laundry
- Sweeping Floors
- Garage clean-up
- Window washing
- Cleaning the Bathroom!
- Weeding Gardens
- Offer to pull weeds for a neighbor or cut their grass (taking all of the precautions)
- When you go to the grocery store, call an elderly neighbor to see if you can assist by picking something up that she or he may need
- Thank a grocery store or pharmacy worker – ask how they are doing
- Write your spouse a letter, thanking them and/or encouraging them
- Make a special meal for your family, also cleaning up the dishes when finished
- Send a gift card to a doctor/nurse/medical personnel serving on the front lines
- Share a link to participate in this Love Day on your social media platforms
- Think of something creative that is not listed and share on Facebook!