Go. Serve. Love.
These three words describe how we seek to obey God and compassionately serve others. This is our quest. An external focus that meets the needs of others is something extremely close to God’s heart. As we go, serve, and love in our backyard and around the world we get a chance to partner with God and be part of His plan to bring hope to the world. With words of love and works of love we want to selflessly serve our neighbors, schools, and communities while helping the defenseless, marginalized, and oppressed. We do this in our own backyard and through strategic partnerships around the world. We do all of this without expecting anything in return. We do this because it’s what Jesus would do.
Go. Serve. Love. In Our Backyard.
Love Days are our church-wide initiatives where we simply serve our surrounding communities. These Love Days are exciting events where we get a chance to make a difference right where we live. Through partnering with organizations, schools, and ministries, we have the opportunity to meet practical needs while serving others without expecting anything in return.
ValleyPoint partners with ministries and organizations right here in the Delaware Valley, who are committed to making a difference. Go. Serve. Love. in our backyard gives us a chance to repair and restore while making a difference where God has placed us.
COllection LOVE DAY
We thank you for your generosity!
2 COLLECTION OPTIONS:
#1: The Block Gives Back
The Block Gives Back is an organization founded in 2015 to serve the community of Philadelphia with the main focus of promoting leadership and community engagement throughout the city. The Block Gives Back accomplishes this goal through various programs and volunteer events, often partnering with local organizations or businesses to further involve the community in the mission.
Project: ValleyPoint Church will be collecting items for “Feed The Block,” which takes place each Saturday in Philadelphia. This event has been providing meals to over 125+ families in need every week since the pandemic. To continue tackling food insecurity in the local community, The Block Gives Back seeks donations of the following items:
- Tomato Sauce
- Aluminum Casserole Pans
- Olive Oil
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder
- Gloves and Disposable Masks
#2: Friendship House
Based in New Castle County, Delaware, Friendship House is a non-profit, faith based corporation serving individuals and families that are or are at risk of becoming homeless. Welcoming to all, Friendship House strives to serve as a sanctuary and stepping stone to those in need through the traditional spiritual ministries of hospitality, education, empowerment, and community.
Project: We will collect school uniform pieces for Friendship House, as they are working on a new initiative to provide uniforms to students throughout Delaware. Uniforms should be children’s sizes from 5 to 18. Items:
- Khaki or navy blue pants or skirts
- Navy cardigan sweaters
- White, light blue, or navy polo-type shirts (both short and long-sleeved).
Bring items with you on Sunday, September 20th, and drop off in designated area at the front doors of the Main Building from 9:30-11:30am. If ordering online, items can be shipped to the church office – 209 Bethel Road, Glen Mills, PA 19342. Please ensure they will arrive by Saturday, September 19th
- Walk around your own neighborhood and pick up trash
- Share the ValleyPoint Church online gatherings on your social media platforms
- Make and send a card to someone you know may be lonely or need encouragement (this could be anyone right now)
- Order food to be sent to your local police or fire department or hospital staff (call ahead for each of these)
- Donate money to a local food pantry or church benevolence fund to equip them to help those in need
- Serve others in your own home by doing a chore you may not normally do or without being asked to do it
- Washing Dishes
- Making Beds
- Doing Laundry
- Sweeping Floors
- Garage clean-up
- Window washing
- Cleaning the Bathroom!
- Weeding Gardens
- Offer to pull weeds for a neighbor or cut their grass (taking all of the precautions)
- When you go to the grocery store, call an elderly neighbor to see if you can assist by picking something up that she or he may need
- Thank a grocery store or pharmacy worker – ask how they are doing
- Write your spouse a letter, thanking them and/or encouraging them
- Make a special meal for your family, also cleaning up the dishes when finished
- Send a gift card to a doctor/nurse/medical personnel serving on the front lines
- Share a link to participate in this Love Day on your social media platforms
- Think of something creative that is not listed and share on Facebook!