OUR VISION MAP
The vision frame of ValleyPoint Church answers four critical questions:
what? (our mission)
why? (our values)
how? (our strategy)
when? (our measurables)
What? Our mission is pointing people to real relationships and real significance.
We want everyone walking through the doors of our church home or coming
into contact with our ministries to know they can have a real and
lasting friendship with God by trusting in the saving work of Jesus.
You can also have real and lasting relationships with other people. Friends in life, a true faith family help us manage life’s journey, celebrate our successes, and support us through challenges.
Additionally, we have been given one life made in the image of God. We can, and indeed should use our one life to impact the lives of others significantly. Our lives can have significance by purposely choosing to love God and love our neighbor.
Why? We choose to point people to real relationships and real significance because we value four faith catalysts.
- Truth – we are passionate about following Jesus and applying biblical truth so it makes a difference in how we live.
- People – we deliberately create environments where relationships can thrive because everyone matters.
- Generosity – we intentionally use our time and resources to meet needs in our communities and around the world.
- Location – we love our neighbors and seek to be a joyous presence where we live, work, and play.
HOW? We pour our time and creativity into three areas:
- Worship – this is where I deepen my friendship with God through the development of spiritual practices that help me become transformed into the image of Christ for the sake of others.
- Connect – this is where I deepen my friendship with others
- Go – this is where I humbly and generously use the one life I have to make a significant difference where I live, work, and play.
WHEN? Winning in the spiritual arena can be described in many ways as followers of Jesus seek to be shaped into his image. At ValleyPoint, we look to the areas of worship, connecting, and going into the world (our “how”) to help describe “winning.”
#1: Worship is a lifestyle. Action step: I will regularly engage with the body of Christ to learn in community, respond to God’s greatness, and become transformed into the image of Christ for the sake of others. I will also weekly spend time in God’s Word listening to him and allowing myself to be shaped by Scripture. Focus: my relationship with God.
#2: Connect is a priority. Action step: I will regularly engage with the body of Christ (groups, classes, volunteerism) outside of worship gatherings to learn about Jesus with others, practice disciplines together, and become deeply formed in order to live the way of Jesus fully. Focus: my relationship with others.
#3: Go is a passion. Action step: I will choose to regularly serve people inside and outside the church to live the gospel and surprise and delight others through a passionate, outward-focused faith community that models the message of Jesus.
ValleyPoint’s VISION FRAME HELPS US STAY TRUE TO THE LORD while our spiritual roots grow down into him.
6And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. 7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Colossians 2